Optoma Projector Dead Pixels

pnicho

Standard Member
Hi all hoping you can help.

Have had an optoma hd67n for about 15 months, this is my 3rd projector as the first two had lamp failures within a week of purchase. The 3rd one has worked perfectly for about 15 months and has now developed deadixels on the screen, started off as a few white dots and has now spread to over 20 white dots.

I bought the projector from PC World and they replaced the first two immediately with no issues as it was within the first week that they failed.

Do Optoma not cover dead pixels under warranty?

Is the projector out of warranty?

Should I contact PC World?

If its not covered can the dmd chip be replaced?

Thanks for any helpful replies!

Attachments

norvell

I currently have my projector away for evaluation and repair with the exact same problem.

It is 5 months out of warranty so it is costing me about £250 to have the DMD chip replaced. I have seen the chips for sale on eBay for about £100 if you fancy having a go yourself.

norvell

:eek: My projector is officially scrap, the official diagnosis is DLP Chip failure at a repair cost of £384.

New projector here i come :D

pnicho

Standard Member
Phoned optoma today and apparently within the two year warranty they will arrange for a courier to collect and repair! Bit of good news but am getting the impression quite a few others are getting similar problems!

Thinking am I better sling projector and z3dxl and just getting a new tv!?

Have to say I do like the big screen for gaming and movies, any other reasonably priced projectors anyone would recommend?

Top Bottom