Optoma P2 - yellow artefact issues

chever00

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi, is anyone having problems with scenes exhibiting a strange yellow cast on highlights. I have tried 3 different sources, cables, tinkered with various settings and a reset without remedy. Reducing the contrast helps in some scenes, but means the image loses its punch. I'm not sure if it was a direct result of the firmware update(13.2), or just a coincidence.

yellow highlighting.jpg

Did you ever get a resolution to this. I have exactly the same on a Dell s718ql which I believe is made by the same parent company.

Hi, is anyone having problems with scenes exhibiting a strange yellow cast on highlights. I have tried 3 different sources, cables, tinkered with various settings and a reset without remedy. Reducing the contrast helps in some scenes, but means the image loses its punch. I'm not sure if it was a direct result of the firmware update(13.2), or just a coincidence.

View attachment 1557602
I have the same problem on Optoma Cinemax P2 device. After newest firmupdate 13.2 I see yellow artifacts (see my photos) .
The problem occurs regardless of the signal source. It looks like we have at least two documented cases of exactly the same symptoms that appeared after the latest firmupdate. I have currently sent an inquiry to the Optoma official service,
asking what they are going to do.
I will notify you of their strategy when I get official information.

Attachments

• 0B982B07-F603-4CF2-9A56-82C0CBA58B9E.jpeg
    0B982B07-F603-4CF2-9A56-82C0CBA58B9E.jpeg
    154.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 6FF39858-E90D-4924-A22F-F805A9BC0D0A.jpeg
    6FF39858-E90D-4924-A22F-F805A9BC0D0A.jpeg
    203.2 KB · Views: 40
I have the same problem on Optoma Cinemax P2 device. After newest firmupdate 13.2 I see yellow artifacts (see my photos) .
The problem occurs regardless of the signal source. It looks like we have at least two documented cases of exactly the same symptoms that appeared after the latest firmupdate. I have currently sent an inquiry to the Optoma official service,

I'm getting my P2 soon, should I skip updating it upon startup? Can I skip it? Does the update fix anything important?

My firmware is up to date, and I've seen nothing like this. Very odd indeed.

You could try doing a colour calibration in the service menu . I have read on other forum this has worked for others with what sounds like the same issue . Of course adjusting or using service menu is at your risk, so be careful .

For info to open press
Power
Up
Right
Up
Left
Menu

On the remote

Good morning. I have a cinemax p2 projector. When I connect an HDMI input, it works normally and, after a few minutes, the image disappears and the projector needs to be placed back in the input. Could you help me to resolve this? Thanks

Hello everyone, I am running into a similar issue. If you have any corrective actions, I would very much appreciate it. Thanks for your time and guidance.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom