Optoma Movietime DV10

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by andymckay2001, Jan 1, 2007.

1. andymckay2001

andymckay2001

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Just been offered one of the above projectors with only 90hrs on the bulb for £395. Is this a reasonable deal or am I best looking elsewhere. It's mainly for movies and 360 so what does everybody think. Should I go for it????:confused:

2. ROne

ROne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    The DV10 is one of the best kept secrets ... sshh.

It's a great little projector, everything is better than you can expect.

It runs movies great, the internal DVD player is a direct digital path, even the internal speakers are good: you can couple with a sub-woofer and it makes a great system.

I've recently relegated my sanyo Z4 in favour of this. (though hidef on the Z4 is obviously better)

I run the xbox360 on it, and though it won't run full hidef (854x480)- you will struggle to notice as it scales so well. The component stage is very clean un like the Z4.

With regard to the price that seems very fair, if it's in good general nick and maybe comes with the warranty receipt. That price is about 150-200 less than new in PCworld.

It has few downsides: It's white and sort of ugly, it has an agressive fixed lens angle , so it needs to be set on a coffee table and projects upwards. Its not the quietest but it's pretty quiet in low lamp mode.

Contrast and colours are both great, DLP artefacts are minimal and I've programmed myself to ignore rainbows now (which did bother me at first).

anything else, ask.