Optoma HD82, problem

Daffke

Novice Member
I got an Optoma HD82, that has worked flawlessly the last 10years. Got only 500+hours on the bulb, so it's still "new".

My problem, is it turns off after 30seconds. If I turn on only the projector, without any signal from an in-source, it does not turn off. But when i turn on the Ps4, and get a signal to the projector, it turns black. The fan runs up, as on a normal shut down, and then the screen goes black. Been watching the side lights on the projector, but does not get any warning, or errors from those, not any red or blue lights. Checked it for dust, nothing special there, and it's not warmer than usual.

Really like this one, and would love to keep using it, so do anyone have a suggestion on what could be the problem?

ShanePJ

AVForums Sponsor
On your PS4, check the setting (resolution) on another device to make sure you are not sending a signal which is pushing the image out of range (usually the projector will tell you this and not power off, so make sure all the CEC features are switched off on all connected devices). If you haven't changed anything recently, then maybe try a reset to defaults on your electronics and see if that sorts it (any settings you have saved will be lost, so do take a photo of those settings beforehand if you haven't got them saved anywhere)

It could be that you are having HDMI cable issues to. Many can cause this, so you will have to try a few things and narrow down what is triggering it (even though it sounds like it should be the PS4 causing it to power down)

Daffke

Novice Member
Thx, good tips :)
Not at home at the moment, so not possible to check it out. Pretty sure I've not done any changes to set setting on either the Ps4 or the projector. But kids might have been messing around, the HDMI is kinda in their "jumping zone" so might be worth to check it out.

Kinda hoping it's not repairable...allways good to have a legit reason to buy something new :)

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung Micro LED, Mini LED, NEO QLED TVs and More: AVForums Podcast Interview
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom