• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Optoma HD80 doesn't work after cleaning, did I break it?

Boy

Standard Member
I guess it's a known issue that when the "lamp" led starts flashing red it gets too hot inside due to dust dirt.

I did opened the case before to clean the inside but never started removing the inside parts for a good clean. So this was the first time I did this. And without good instructions it is though to start with something like that. Everything went well but maybe I made a mistake because I thought I could clean some glass part and that that should be unlocked by a screw I saw. When I tried to remove the screw I heard like a cracking sound and saw something shooting away. I guess this was something like loctight. So I tried to remove a screw which was like locked. That's this screw
photo.jpg

Probably that was locked for a reason :(

After cleaning everything the best way possible I put everything together and now it looks like I broke it... No image at all and it still turns off. Now the image looks like this
12+-+1

What I dont understand is why it still turns off now it is very clean. And what was that screw for? Could I fix it myself again?

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom