optoma hd7oox connections & reciever

donthaveascooby

Standard Member
HI, i am looking for an av reciever to connect up to an optoma hd700x projector with s video,vga,component,composite,usb & hdmi.I want to connect it to sky plus(possibly hd),x box 360,wii & dvd.Can you advise me of a decent priced reciever that would be fairly future proof and provide me with good sound and vision.Would i connect the reciever to the projector with an hdmi lead only and connect the rest to the reciever? If so what connections would i be best using for connecting the above as i will be neading 5 mtr cables for each connection.Cheers

McPhee

HI, i am looking for an av reciever to connect up to an optoma hd700x projector with s video,vga,component,composite,usb & hdmi.I want to connect it to sky plus(possibly hd),x box 360,wii & dvd.Can you advise me of a decent priced reciever that would be fairly future proof and provide me with good sound and vision.Would i connect the reciever to the projector with an hdmi lead only and connect the rest to the reciever? If so what connections would i be best using for connecting the above as i will be neading 5 mtr cables for each connection.Cheers

1. Budget
The biggest choice you're going to have to make is whether you want all of your connections being sent to your projector down a single HDMI or not. Generally speaking you won't find an AVR below £300 that will do that. If you aren't too fussed about the reciever doing that then you can get a pretty well spec'd machine for below the £250 mark (something like the Sony STR-DG820).

I faced the same desicion and decided i needed that feature (called 'upconversion'). More cables = more mess, and decent cables aren't cheap either. By the time i'd factored in cable cost, the extra hassle of running 4 sets of cables from amp to projector and the extra features and performance at the £400 mark the choice became pretty clear.

Last edited by a moderator:

donthaveascooby

Standard Member
spelling and grammar were never my best points. As a twice european kickboxing champ though, nobody has ever bothered me with it much ! cheers anyway mate

Lee

McPhee.... I think you're being a bit harsh about the grammar, I personally had no trouble reading it.

donthaveascooby....I have moved your thread to the receivers as I think it will be a better forum for you to get advice.

:)

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom