Optoma HD700X vs HD65.

x liddy x

Established Member
Reaction score
I have recently been lloking at both hte Optoma HD700X and the HD65. The HD65 is about £100 more expensive but has a higher contrast ratio. Which is is better deal? I can either get the HD700X with a 55" screen and HDMI cable for £399 or it with an 86" screen which is usually £200 alone for £469. I havn't seen any deals for the HD65.
Which projector is a better deal?

Regards, Conor.

I have recently been lloking at both the Optoma HD700X and the HD65. The HD65 is about £100 more expensive but has a higher contrast ratio. Which is is better deal? I can either get the HD700X with a 55" screen and HDMI cable for £399 or it with an 86" screen which is usually £200 alone for £469. I havn't seen any deals for the HD65.
Which projector is a better deal?

Regards, Conor.

This topic is coming up all the time on the 700X and HD65 threads obviously as the word is spreading on these two pj's, which appear to be twins in many ways.

As a newbie it would pay you to read these threads, together with any reviews, then if you can, demo them before making your decision.

I recently took the plunge, after doing the above, and managed to acquire an HD65 from Dixons at a good price, which so far Im absolutely delighted with.

As a quick synopsis, the generalised advice is to spend the extra and go for the deluxe HD65 model rather than the base model in the 700X, but do please read the threads and judge for yourself, as there is a wealth of useful and informative info to be got.

Personally I would go for the HD65 with the 84" screen. I use mine in a 13ft X13ft room and get just about that width in wide screen on a plain wall, and it still looks superb. I imagine a decent screen would make all the difference.

The £469 price beats this one I posted recently. Good luck :smashin:

http://www.avforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6960111&postcount=78

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom