Optoma HD67N ceilin mount?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by nbkpsycho, Jan 9, 2012.

1. nbkpsycho

nbkpsycho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I have the Optoma HD67N projector, Can anyone please recommend a mount for it?

2. nbkpsycho

nbkpsycho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Anyone?

3. Starry

Starry
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    i could not find one that was not massively over the top in size.
    in the end i bought a nice slim white one off ebay and had to do a slight mod.

4. cardiphonia

cardiphonia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    If you go to amazon and search 'projector mount', the top result (surepromise ~ 10kg) is the mount I am using for my HD67. I have to admit that it is less than perfect...

I had to find M3 bolts (which you'll need with any non-HD67 specific mount) and this was harder than anticipated. B&Q, wicks etc only had M3.5. Don't get them!!! I thought they'd worked and nearly tried hanging my projector off of bolts screwed into the plastic.

Once I obtained the bolts, they then had to be cut because the threaded socket in the projector is quite short. Put the nut on the bolt before you cut to get rid of loose thread! :eek:s Despite cutting, I still needed the spacers to level the projector which was a fun balancing task.

The legs also were made for a larger projector so need 'adjusting'.

However, the projector is on the ceiling and the mount looks fine. It was only £20 and is pretty adjustable. I would get it again but only because of the cost!

5. nbkpsycho

nbkpsycho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I just decided to put up a shelf for my projector. I didnt want to wait. :smashin:

6. cardiphonia

cardiphonia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Okay but don't put the projector directly upside down on the shelf. It may overheat and reduce the bulb life. I did that for a while but used three bits of toilet roll tubes to provide a gap... Also not the best solution but did the job. Nice inch and a half air gap.