Optoma HD67 Dead Pixels - DMD Chip Order Link ?

nmacog

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All

I bought an Optoma HD67 in January 2011 - nothing but trouble - had fan lock errors etc so Optoma repaired it under warranty (took 10 weeks from sending it off).

I have now been running it less than a month since it was repaired - unfortunately I am getting lots of dead pixels. Had 2 yesterday afternoon and now there are 15 grrrr ....

I have contacted a few repair folk and they are asking way too much to repair it (around £250 supply and fit a DMD chip). The projector is now out of warranty.

Does anyone know where I can buy a replacement DMD Chip for it ? I have a rather clever engineer friend who can fit it ...

Many thanks in advance

What is the warranty on the repair?

I would expect at least 3 months, plus you're only just out of the original (12 months?) warranty.

Also, with 10 weeks away, you haven't had it for a full year anyway.

I suggest approaching Optoma again.

Good luck. :smashin:

nmacog, wow, I feel for you - I'd be so devastated. Having said that, I'd expect to have that sorted at no cost seeing as you're in warranty. Heck, 15 dodgy pixels, I'd even go as far to chase it up if only recently out of warranty as well.

I was going to make a topic myself here and enquire about people's thoughts on dead pixels, as I've recently spotted one on mine, which is also an Optoma HD67n model.

I've only spotted one though and after some googling and checking here assumed it to be a dust blob or speck, although after experimenting I notice that it flashes if it's over a green image. So assuming it's not dust now, naturally I was a bit meh'd off with the thought of a dead pixel -- which unless I'm looking for it and a foot away, I can't otherwise spot it, and am typically sat 10 or so feet back.

It hardly seems worth moaning about after reading your problems. Still, if anyone can shed some pixel light on what I assume to be a dead pixel and if anything can be done, I'd appreciate any feedback. I've had the PJ since about August 2011 so in warranty. Not that I expect anything to be done for one pixel, but it's nice to know your thoughts none the less.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom