Optoma HD65 With 3D XL Or Optoma GT750 Please Help Im In A Predicament

Mensy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys Thanx For Stopping By :D

Well i own a HD65 and want to dip my finger into the 3D world. I would Love a Optoma HD33/300x But sadly my budget carnt strech that high :( (Unless theres new optomas in the pipeline and a nice price drop i can wait)

So i was looking at the 3DXL for around £200 to pair with my HD65 but recently my HD65 has become duller (Still perfectly watch-able for now) so makes me believe i may need a new bulb which would set me back another £100 So £300 all in.

Now i could possibly sell my HD65 as is for maybe £150-£200 and then add the rest to get the GT750.

But would the GT750 be a bigger and better upgrade from a HD65 and a 3DXL ?

Or is there maybe another projector that hasnt crossed my mind ?

Please help me decide as i would like to purchase before Santa comes :D

Am a complete newbie so may need some correction. I was considering the GT750 as opposed to a HD230 but only realised when I went to see it in the shop how much of a short throw it is - way more so than the HD300 I saw (which I think is the same as the HD65). This ruled it out as I could not mount it where it needed to be - some few feet from the screen. Otherwise cannot comment on whether it is better than a HD65...

Hope this helps...

Thanx for your input mate, i have my HD65 on a Coffee table so throw is no problem to me as long as it does 92" im fine lol

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom