• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Optoma HD65 Flickering Left Side - 3600hrs?

ched

Established Member
I have had the Optoma HD65 for a good few years and the lamp counter is reading about 3600hrs. I have a full blackout room so almost always run in eco mode.
Recently it has started to flicker on the Left hand side. It's almost like it is getting brighter and dimmer mainly on left side across about a third of the screen. It is fine for first 30mins then it starts flickering.
I have followed a great tutorial and opened the projector, dismantled, and cleaned both fans and blown out the insides. In fact I also opened it up again after the clean didn't work to add heatsink compound between the DLP sensor and it's heatsink (it used a pad but that didn't seem great).

I am trying to run in Full Brightness mode for 20hrs in case this helps.

So any one any ideas if I just have a failing lamp or do I have bigger issues?

If it is a failing lamp has anyone tried a cheap one from China? Seems like they are about £35 delivered!!!!! with 150 day warranty.

Cheers for any help you can give.

Last edited:

ched

Established Member
Well been running on full brightness and high alt fan mode and it has stopped flashing :) So ordered a lamp from China as it looks like it's a lamp issue.
So if anyone else has a flickering issue on eco mode try running for >10 hrs on full brightness and it might go after a few hrs.
Good Luck

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom