Optoma HD65 Bulb life question

themouth1888

Standard Member
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked on here before but I am looking to sell my optoma HD65 and being the honest person I am I want to get all the correct information out to any potential buyer! I checked the bulb life and it says only 669hrs used which tbh I dont think is correct! I bought the projector myself 2nd hand, and I know I have used it ALOT since then and that was a couple of years ago!

I seen something somewhere saying I can check my service menu to check if my Bulb life has been reset or not. I got to the Service menu and I see this:

Projection hour: 2460.40
Lamp hour: 0669.55
Power on/off 1780/1756
Color Wheel Index 289

So what is the genuine hours used for this projector? :lease:

Thanks very much for your time :smashin:

2460 hours total so it has had more then 1 bulb or has been reset

Do you know if it was sold to you with a new bulb ?

It's also been switched on 1780 times which is a lot for only 2460 hours use which means it has been used for just over an hour at a time on average.

Bulbs usually last longer the fewer times they are switched on and off so as toddy said this pj may be on it's second bulb.They tend to last around 2000/3000 hrs on average.

Thanks for getting back to me guy's!

I have no idea if it's a 2nd bulb or not! I dont think so! the power off's could be correct as I used when on my xbox which was usually 1 hour or 2 at night

Will just sell it stating it "probably has low bulb life" and if i'm wrong then someone is getting a bargain!

Can you tell me how you got into the service menu? I'd like to see my total hours since I reset my lamp timer when the warning showed up.

Thanks!

Plus160

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom