Optoma HD33 or something better

flaperise

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok, so i've been around on websites, looking at reviews, one minute i'm keen on saving for it which i am at the moment, i like the idea of a 3 year warranty (trust me this matters with the sheer bad luck with the HD65)

Plus it's 3D and seemed a lot for the price. However i keep feeling i could get something if not a bit better for the cost of the HD33.

A lot of reviews state their are various projectors like epson that are better for the price and specs. One thing that worries me a little regarding the HD33 is the black levels.

I just wondered whether i'm right in still searching around for a more precise projector than the HD33 in terms of black levels and features that the HD33 doesn't for the same price or lower.

I thought i'd ask here as this section will have a lot of people who would know what's better or not.

Whenever i look up certain reviews on the HD33 this projector creeps up, the Epson EH - TW6000 i've yet to look at it's specs and ratings.

http://www.projectorpoint.co.uk/pro...000MPU&utm_campaign=AVForumsTW6000freeglasses

But wondered whether any of you out there could give me more advice, do i stick with the choice with the HD33 or look for something better than the HD33 and possibly a bit more cheaper with more better black levels and such. I like how the Epson TW6000 has a 40,000 to 1 contrast ratio.

Any advice would help, thanks!

Last edited:
The HD33 is certainly one of the masters at 3D and as yet I've not seen anything at this price point to persuade me to comment otherwise.

If you look at projectors costing twice the price of the HD33, then HD33 will still do things that the larger projector will struggle with.

It's only real downfall in my eyes is it's throw and lack of lens shift, but at this price at levels of performance, you can't always have your cake and eat it and why Optoma produces the Themescene HD83.

You must demo before purchasing though. This is a single chip DLP projector and I would always advice demoing before buying blind.

Regards, Shane.

Just seen the famous potato cod on IMAX under the sea , wow wow wow

Amazing pop out

And as for your worries about the hd33 performance as long as you don't see the rainbow effect you will be very very happy with the projector and don't worry about the blacks there fine , people go on to much about black levels , you only really notice the differences in black levels is when your running machines side by side , for example my iPhone 4 has better black levels then my wife's 3GS when you see them side by side but when using them on there own black looks black ,

( I know people will disagree about the black thing and I no better blacks are a good thing I'm just saying don't worry about them to much and enjoy the film :) )

And for 3d it is amazing I have not seen anything like it , so much better then the cinema and TVs

0 cross talk

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom