Optoma HD33 Lamp Issue

Matthew Legg

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi,
The lamp on my projector blew with a loud bang. I ordered a new lamp optoma lamp and fitted it according to a guide. The projector powers up normally with no warnign lights but no light comes out now.

Is it possible the bulb is faulty and is there any way to check?

Is it possible I just wired the bulb the wrong way and if I swap the cables could I risk blowing it?

Is there any way to check if there is more damage or a blown fuse in the projector?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Hi,
The lamp on my projector blew with a loud bang. I ordered a new lamp optoma lamp and fitted it according to a guide. The projector powers up normally with no warnign lights but no light comes out now.

Is it possible the bulb is faulty and is there any way to check?

Is it possible I just wired the bulb the wrong way and if I swap the cables could I risk blowing it?

Is there any way to check if there is more damage or a blown fuse in the projector?

Any help would be really appreciated.

Was it an original lamp?

Original Optoma lamps come in the plastic housing so there is no wiring required it just directly replaces the existing lamp housing. If you think you may have wired it wrong then it sounds like you have ordered a bare lamp?

It does sound odd there are no warning lights on the back of the projector. I've had 3 Lamps in my Optoma HD33, but I've never had one blow they just seen to get noticeably dim after 1200-1500 hours. The last one was just a bare lamp and I just took pictures when I took it out and swapped to the new housing. I guess all you can try is recheck your connections and see if they will supply a replacement lamp of it still doesn't come on.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom