Question Optoma HD33 - help

MediaMawk

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, my trusty optoma HD33 started giving a fan failure error then turned itself off. So I took it apart and checked all 3 fans are functioning which they are

Unfortunately after putting it back together I'm getting no picture not even the graphics or menu. The bulb is working fine, and I can turn it off with the remote just nothing is being displayed. Have I broken it?? Is there a hard reset button on this PJ?

Thanks.

Hi, my trusty optoma HD33 started giving a fan failure error then turned itself off. So I took it apart and checked all 3 fans are functioning which they are

Unfortunately after putting it back together I'm getting no picture not even the graphics or menu. The bulb is working fine, and I can turn it off with the remote just nothing is being displayed. Have I broken it?? Is there a hard reset button on this PJ?

Thanks.
I would be stripping it back down and just making sure that all the connectors / wires are firmly in place. I've had my HD33 in pieces a few times cleaning the color wheel and as yet I've not had any issues with it going back together. Good Luck !

Thanks for that, i re-checked the connectors and still no picture. I'll re-seat the main boards again see if that fixes it.

Could this be a colour wheel issue? I didn't touch that so shouldn't be.

Ok reseated everything and it's now displaying a picture. Fingers crossed I will no longer get a fan error.

Thanks guys

I had fan failure on my HD33 too out of warranty by a few days Optoma replaced 4 fans cost £118 but RS paid half as this was the 2nd time it has happened in 6 months so fortunately just paid £59
The worksheet says they replaced
1x FAN EX665UT
2X HD33 AXIAL
1X FAN HD33 BLOWER

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom