Optoma HD33 and green screen on certain devices

cfour242

Novice Member
I have a fully functional Optoma Hd33, with about eight pairs of 3d glasses (to speak to level of investment) -- I've had it for a few years now, and I'm still very happy with it. What's frustrating though, is that it's kind of fussy about what devices get plugged into it. Certain ones will produce images that have bright, heavy green tint -- Some of my PCs, certain ROKU models, certain DVD players -- some work, some don't (meaning, image is there, but unwatchable.)

I recently bought a second hand Panasonic blu-ray player (DMP-BDT310), and was fully expecting this to be plug and play. Alas, green screen of doom.

Research suggests the green screen is the result of a failed HDCP handshake; I've already tried different cables, different power up sequences, all to no avail. The firmware on the Panasonic is up to date.

I caught that "standard" firmware for the HD33 is 'C04'/'C05', latest is 'C07' -- Mine is 'C02', and I'm left wondering if that is part of the problem. I've tried reaching out to Optoma directly, but had no reply. I've tried finding f/w update on the open Internet, but have come up empty handed so far.

I fully appreciate that this unit is long in the tooth, but I'm wondering if anyone had similar experiences and might confirm a f/w upgrade solved it?

greenscreen.jpg

Last edited:

unreel

fully appreciate that this unit is long in the tooth, but I'm wondering if anyone had similar

Hi, I've still got a HD33 running nearly 9 years now :smashin:. I'm running on firmware CO4, I'm fairly sure unless I have my color space set to Auto on the projector I can also get the projector to show that useless green screen. I have a pc and bluray connected

I'll give it a try later today 👍

cfour242

Novice Member
Hi, I've still got a HD33 running nearly 9 years now :smashin:. I'm running on firmware CO4, I'm fairly sure unless I have my color space set to Auto on the projector I can also get the projector to show that useless green screen. I have a pc and bluray connected

I'll give it a try later today 👍

unreel: you need to tell me how I can send you some beer, or other token of thanks!

Sure enough, I set the color space to 'auto', and presto! The green was gone...

Never in a million, did I have this down to a color setting -- As I said, some sources worked perfectly fine, while all other hints pointed to cable, handshake, etc., etc. Heck, I even brought hardware back to the store at one point, because I thought it was faulty.

I burned a lot of Internet hours trying to figure out what was going on, and you gave me solution in 10 seconds.

Sincerest thanks! :clap: :facepalm:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Hisense A7G, Zidoo Z1000 & Kudos Cardea C10 Reviews + Movie News and Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom