Question Optoma HD28DSE Lamp died in just over 300 hours. Is this normal?

db0

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, new user here. I bought my first projector ever back in January, a brand new Optoma HD28DSE. After 7 months or 323 recorded hours, the lamp suddenly dimmed to about 20% luminescence between two uses. I felt this was an extremely short amount of time to die, so I thought I'd surely be covered under warranty. Unfortunately Optoma.de wasn't of the same opinion, and on their site they mention that their lamp warranty is just 6 months or 1000 hours, whichever is first. The lamp replacement cost is 250 eur, which is approx 1/3 of the full projector price. It's interesting to note that their optomaeurope.com mentions their warranties as starting at 1 year minimum (Optoma: Warranty), but their german site instead starts at 6 months (Optoma: Warranty), which, conveniently, I fall under.

As a new projector owner, I have literally no experience with this but this seems extremely short time to fail. So I'm more than a bit frustrated at having to pay so much, so early.

Do I have any recourse? Or should I just suck it up and get used that this is normal from now on?

Thanks in advance everyone.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom