Question Optoma HD27 + screen setup

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by nicks88, Jan 11, 2017.

1. nicks88

nicks88
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    hi all,

Taking the plunge into the projector world. Starting off with a budget setup as I don't have a 'batcave' and will only be able to watch in the lounge which has white walls and ceilings. From reading up on the best buys of 2016, the HD27 is rated quite highly especially for normal home environments.

Richer Sounds seem to be doing a good deal on PJ and 92" screen for £594:

Optoma HD27 & DS9092PWC | White 3D DLP Projector 1080p HD Ready | Richer Sounds

Whilst I would like 106" screen, 92" seems about right using the 1.6 rule as I would be about 8ft away. Also, the screen is cheap with the deal so could just buy a larger one later if need be.

I'll get a demo before purchase, but before I take the plunge I have two questions:

1) In regards to setting up the screen in relation to the PJ. The specs on the PJ suggest there is no Lens Shift function. Does that mean the projector lens needs to be in direct line of the middle of the screen? I'm not sure I can achieve this.

2) Would the HD27 be superior to the HD28se? It's hard for a novice to understand the big difference - is it just higher contrast on HD28 vs rec .709 on HD27?

Help appreciated! Looking to buy and setup this weekend.

thanks, Nicks

2. paulntia

paulntia

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +68
    Same here I am just looking at setups and like the look of this any info would be great

3. degsod

degsod

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    I have the same question