Optoma HD25 Reviewer’s Recommended Best Settings

Steve Withers

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
Disclaimer: The settings below are supplied for information purposes only. We make no guarantee that using the adjustments below will improve your TV's picture, they may even make it look worse. Every TV, even from the same manufacturer and model number will vary, as will the environment the TV is used in. For further information on how to set up your TV, please follow the steps in our Picture Perfect campaign.

To find a professional calibrator near you, see our Custom Installer and Calibrator Directory.

You can read the review here: Optoma HD25 review

Display Mode: User
Brightness: 0
Contrast: -3
Sharpness: 9
Colour: 9
Tint: 2
Advanced
Noise Reduction: 0
Gamma: Film
BrilliantColor: 1
Dynamic Black: Off
Colour Temperature: Warm
Colour Settings: White - Red 0/Green 0/Blue -1, Red - Hue 0/Saturation -1/Gain -10, Green - H 10/S -2/G -3, Blue - H 10/S 0/G -22, Cyan - H 8/S -4/G -3, Magenta - H 19/S 4/G -16, Yellow - H 20/S -7/G 4
Colour Space: Auto
Format: Native

Many thanks 😊...

PS.

I have a question regarding my hd25 projector.

I have a 120" screen projector and my hd25 is 13-15 feet away recommended by optoma.

Now I am not sure about image offset, how to place it or how to measure it?... I did hear something about center pf the lens and the ceiling... Optoma recommended 9.41inches.

Thanks

The HD25 doesn't have lens shift, so you need to line the lens up with the top of the screen if you're ceiling mounting and the bottom of the screen if you're using a table or something similar.

Hello Steve,

As you know, there are sometimes posts from owners asking for the best settings for their new projectors.

In the past, the advice has ALWAYS been that you can't simply transfer settings from one PJ to another, as no two PJ's (even of the same model) are alike, no two rooms are alike, etc.

The advice has always been to use a simple test card (such as the one on THX BD's) to set up brightness and contrast, and to pay for a professional calibration if you want perfection.

(Unless your name is Kelvin, when you'll buy the proper equipment and do it yourself! :laugh: )

Now, you've taken the trouble to post a list of "best" settings, even though you warn they could make things worse.

TG is confused! :confused:

Personally I agree, you can't just transfer settings, especially on a projector where there is so much variation between bulbs. The best bet is to select the Movie/Cinema/THX mode and use test patterns to set Brightness/Contrast/Sharpness correctly. However people are constantly asking for settings, so now we provide them but make no guarantee they will improve your picture, hence the disclaimer at the beginning of the post. Of course there's nothing stopping you from just trying them out and seeing if they make any noticeable difference.

So the 9.4 inches has to come down from the ceiling to the centre of the lens?

And the centre of the lens have to be equal with the screen projector(above the white casing?) or below?

Is it Top of the screen white casing?

Only problem is my screen projector is 1inch down from the ceiling, and my hd25 projector is adjustable to 1inch - 11inch

So can I place the projector withhin 1-2inch and measure it to the screen which is 1 inch down?

Yes within 1-2 inches of the screen white casing should be fine, although you might have to angle it slightly. If you do have to angle, don't be tempted to use the keystone correction as this will introduce scaling artefacts.

Yes I want to avoid using key stroke, iv heard it decreases picture quality.

So my projector is down from the ceiling 1-2inch and the lens has to aim at the white case housing which is down from the ceiling around 1-2 inches.

Only problem is optoma has suggested to use 9.4inch offset? Do I have use 9.4 inch down? Or is it adjustable as long the lens is aiming towards the white casing

You're quite right, I just had another look at the manual and I see what you mean, there is an offset. Which means you would need the actual screen material to be about 9 inches below the lens. If you can you really need to borrow one and see how much leeway you have without resorting to keystoning.

Hi there

is your 2D settings at around 6500K? and one standard deviation below 3 deltaE?

im looking excellent natural image with decent blacks.

thanks

My settings after calibration:

Colour: 0
Tint: 0
Advanced

ECO lamp mode
brilliant color off
Film gamma
dynamic black off
Noise Reduction off
Colour Temperature Warm

white (grayscale):
Red: 1, Green: - 4, Blue: - 11

CMS (in order hue, saturation, brightness):

RED: 6, 0, 16
GREEN: 12, 1 - 3
BLUE: 17, 50 - 20
CYAN: 27, 16, 4
YELLOW - 16, -5, 5
MAGENTA: 27, 16, 4

The color temperature is now reduced to 6508K and a deltaE gap reduced to 0.6

hope my settings are correct here.

thanks

:D

Hi,

Has anyone purchased Optoma hd25e projector?, so far iv seen it in my uncles house and the projector was really good, I was blown away with the image.... Waiting for mine to arrive this week.:D

Can av forums share some settings by calman pro? And post a review please. Looking for something which has a cinematic and natural color and deep blacks settings.

Thank you

As you can see, we've already reviewed the HD25 and posted the settings here, so I'm not sure why you're asking us to review it again?

Disclaimer: The settings below are supplied for information purposes only. We make no guarantee that using the adjustments below will improve your TV's picture, they may even make it look worse. Every TV, even from the same manufacturer and model number will vary, as will the environment the TV is used in. For further information on how to set up your TV, please follow the steps in our Picture Perfect campaign.

To find a professional calibrator near you, see our Custom Installer and Calibrator Directory.

You can read the review here: Optoma HD25 review

Display Mode: User
Colour: 9
Tint: 2
Advanced
Noise Reduction: 0
Gamma: Film
BrilliantColor: 1
Dynamic Black: Off
Colour Temperature: Warm
Colour Settings: White - Red 0/Green 0/Blue -1, Red - Hue 0/Saturation -1/Gain -10, Green - H 10/S -2/G -3, Blue - H 10/S 0/G -22, Cyan - H 8/S -4/G -3, Magenta - H 19/S 4/G -16, Yellow - H 20/S -7/G 4
Colour Space: Auto
Format: Native

Hello i've got an Optoma HD25-LV, i try to found the best setting, but i found only for the hd131x or hd25 . Someone can help me calibration 2D and 3D
Thank you

The settings above are for the HD25E but the HD25LV is essentially the same with a brighter bulb, so you could try most of the settings above but don't use the Colour Settings. The Brightness, Contrast and Sharpness settings can be set using the steps in the PicturePerfect section.

I know there's an 'E' at the end, it's the same projector.
I just had to chime in on this.... the HD25 and 25e use different ballasts and bulbs..and supposedly more effiecent wiring that uses 75% less power in standby mode...now if you were to say the hd25e, hd25lve Eh300 and hd131xe are all the same hardware with different firmware I might agree with you..

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom