Optoma HD25 3d output confirmation

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by kmak, Aug 5, 2013.

1. kmak

kmak
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello, I just purchased an Optoma HD 25 and I am doing some reading before setup. I have a few questions that I am seeking clarity on.

- Can I watch 3D from a Blu-ray source?

- do I need a emitter to work with this projector, or just the 3D glasses?

- If I cant watch 3D from a Blu-ray player, then what source can I watch from?

One of my primary reason for buying this projector is for gaming and 3D. If I cant watch 3D via Blu-ray player it wont make sense for me.

Thanks in advance

2. beecee

beecee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +511
    1 - you need a 3D blu-ray player- not a standard Blu-Ray player.

2 - the PJ is supplied with a pair of glasses and an emiter. so you just need to add further glasses.

3 - A PS3 would provide you with 3D movies and 3D gaming.

3. kmak

kmak
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you for responding. My projector didn't come with a 3D glasses, neither did it come with an emitter.

Is it that the emitter is required if you are using RF 3D glasses, but not required using DLP Link glasses?

The information shown below was taken from Optoma's website, this is what is really confusing me:

Can a 3D Projector be Used to Watch 3D Blu-Ray Discs or 3D Programs Broadcast Via Satellite or Cable?

Currently, Optoma 3D projectors cannot be used to view 3D content from TV broadcast systems or Blu-ray players. Optoma projectors may support these applications in the future but will require additional hardware at an extra cost. After broadcast, Blu-ray and 1080p standards are finalized projectors may be developed to incorporate technology to display 3D video programs without additional hardware.

A 3D Blue ray player (1080p) is sending over a large amount of information to the monitor or projector and a new standard HDMI 1.4a connector is required. The projectors do not have an HDMI 1.4a input nor the bandwidth to receive this type of signal. There are several broadcast standards on the horizon and we have not received information about these standards as they are still being finalized so in the interim the only way to process the variety of signals being developed is to develop or purchase a multi-standard box that translates the various signals to work with the projectors. As usual, there are many companies that want to develop their own way of sending the information.

The reason that you see bundles being offered now is that Samsung and other companies want to supply customers with at least one working source with their 3D display.

4. beecee

beecee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +511
  5. SteveCritten

SteveCritten
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,685
    That is an old statement regarding the first generation 3D PJ's.