Optoma HD141X white bands outputting video

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by dilpz, Jun 19, 2015.

1. dilpz

dilpz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Hi All,

Looking for some help/advice if possible. I have an Optoma HD141X projector connected to an Onkyo TX-NR636 and Windows 8 Media PC. I have an intermittent issue where, once the projector has been switched to an application with a dark black background e.g. Plex or VLC, you will start seeing white dots, and then, when switching to firstly the plex synopsis of a movie and then the video itself, 2 white bands on the left side of the screen.

The issue does not happen on the Windows desktop, only it seems, in Plex or VLC where the background is black. Most of the time, it goes away by itself after around 5 mins but can be made to come back by turning the amp off and on again and re-handshaking with the projector.

Its not the amp doing it as I have bypassed it and hooked the projector directly up the PC and it has still done it. I have also tried a different HDMI Lead from PC to projector with the same results.

I have my suspicions it could be the PC as I've not been able to make the issue occur when I've connected my ROKU box with PLEX straight to the projector via the amp, but it could be the blacks it is trying to display via ROKU are different to the ones the PC is trying to output.

Anyone have any ideas? I have posted a picture of the synopsis screen in Plex of one of my films to show you what I mean.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

plex synopsis.jpg