Optoma hd141x amazon fire stick no sound

Richnba2k15

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all I'm very confused at the moment as my projector is capable of playing sound from my connected xbox one, and is also capable of playing sound from the xbox one with an aux cable connected to a dr dre beat box...but when I switch on my Amazon fire stick in the hdmi port 2, sound won't come out of either my dre beat box or the projector speakers itself?

I've tried all sorts of restarting both devices etc...but just no sound what so ever hope someone can shed some light on it for me...

The Fire Stick default sound is probably Dolby Digital Plus (DD+) so it may be that it can't be decoded. If you go into 'Settings' and then 'Display and Sound' there are some sound options. 'Dolby Digital Plus Automatic' should revert to stereo if DD+ isn't supported. There is also a 'Dolby Digital Automatic'. The 'Automatic' part is key.

The Fire Stick default sound is probably Dolby Digital Plus (DD+) so it may be that it can't be decoded. If you go into 'Settings' and then 'Display and Sound' there are some sound options. 'Dolby Digital Plus Automatic' should revert to stereo if DD+ isn't supported. There is also a 'Dolby Digital Automatic'. The 'Automatic' part is key.

I've tried that pal...just odd I just tried it all again...

If I start the projector up first time with just amazon stick on I had sound, so I then switched the xbox one on and had sound for that, but when I went back to hdmi 2 for the amazon stick no sound so I went back to hdmi 1 and no sound on the xbox it's very odd why it is doing that, it almost like the projector is getting confused between what source is showing and just producing no sound :/ is bugging me a little now I've tried to turn off xbox one source and try it like that but nothing, seemed to just work the once when it first started up once I switched to the xbox nothing

Have you tried using the Fire Stick directly in the HDMI port on the projector? If that gives sound then it does look like a handshaking issue with the setup.

Have you tried using the Fire Stick directly in the HDMI port on the projector? If that gives sound then it does look like a handshaking issue with the setup.

Yep that's what I have been doing directly into projector hdmi, but now I'm just plugging it into the TV input hdmi on the xbox one this works spot on

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom