Optoma hd 80 or Infocus IN 82 ?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by kevny, Sep 13, 2007.

1. kevny

kevny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    Hi,
    I am in the market for either the Infocus IN 82 or the Optoma HD 80, money aside what one would you guys recommend?
    Viewing from about 15 ft on a Stewart fire hawk screen about 7ft 4 wide and totally darkened room.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Kevin

2. jacked

jacked

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +422
    Hello Kevin
    Not familiar with the Optoma but I`m getting my IN82 on Saturday after having a demo last week. It was on a 92" firehawk and the room was by no means a batcave and the picture quality is incredible. I`ll admit it`s the only 1080p projector I`ve seen but it`s far better than my Screenplay 7205 and a lot quieter as well. I think that`s the one to go for.
    Cheers

3. kevny

kevny

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +74
    Thanks for that , have seen the Optoma will now get to see the Infocus in 2 weeks time.
    Thanks again
    Kevin

4. smartiepants

smartiepants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I went looking due to my lamp going in my Optoma H56 after only about 1000hrs and took a trip to my usual suppliers, they no longer deal with Optoma due to the lamp life issue & have the Infocus range in & I was impressed with the 82, saying that I last looked at comparing projectors many moons ago & they have inproved quite a bit since my H56 buying days