optoma hd 300 review

Monty Burns

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

I can't find any reviews for this, other than people on Amazon. Has one been done that seems to be hiding from Google?

I'm planning on buying this and plugging it in to my HTPC but would like to know if it can also be used on a normal 3d capable BD player. Also need to know if anyone out there (other than me!) will/has used Sky HD 3D subscription through a Windows 7 Media Center (Dreambox decryption)? Will I be able to get the 3D channel showing via my little Nvidia 220?

Cheers!!!

American model is called the hd33 and its white
Uk hd300 = us hd33
Uk hd33 = hd3300

Loads of reviews for it

American model is called the hd33 and its white
Uk hd300 = us hd33
Uk hd33 = hd3300

Loads of reviews for it

Thats not the impression i'm getting!
HD33 comes with glasses etc for example, the 300 doesn't.

Optoma HD 300

Optoma HD33

Or have i just stumbled across a bargain on Amazon(the HD300)?

edit: for some reason said Ebay when it was Amazon

Last edited:
— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Trust me the model numbers are diffrent between the USA and the uk
Very confusing but true

The USA hd33 (uk hd300) is white and has no glasses included
eBay might be an import so check

Trust me the model numbers are diffrent between the USA and the uk
Very confusing but true

The USA hd33 (uk hd300) is white and has no glasses included
eBay might be an import so check

Oh OK - so thats a bargain on Amazon then (as its only £950 compared to everyone elses £1250!)?

Would I care if its an import? As long as the votage is ok.... Warranty may be an issue I guess if its not world wide?

If your after a 300 amazon is a very good price at 950 for a uk model

Excellent! Thanks :)

Now just need to know if a little Nvidia GT 220 is ok (for sure) and if 7MC can work with it (and its Sky HD 3D package)?

There will be no difference between the 33/300x in performance terms as has been the case between various Optoma and Epson models at the budget end of their range in the last 3-4 yrs.

We have seen it with Optoma HD65/700x HD67/600x HD20/200x and now the 33/300x.What happens is there is a slight published spec difference from the xx models to the xxx models where in reality no perceived level of performance has been noticed or proven.The basic differences are the cheaper model is usually a different colour and has a shorter g/tee but no difference in image quality is apparent.

With the new 33/300x their is a slight twist as the eye-ware comes into play to make more of a distinction between the two,one has glasses the other does not and therefore there is an even bigger difference in price than the usual £100.

Epson do it with the TW3200/3500 TW5900/6000 and previous models.

I do wish that the manufacturer's would stop trying to be clever by introducing two models that are as close in spec that does not matter,just give us one model at the best price and stop confusing the issue.

hey kb, hows it going.

lol, well its been almost a year, the HD20 has been good to me but now (lol when did it come out?!) I see the full 1080p 3D has arrived!

so, are the glasses the sames as the XL and does the 33/300 basically come with an XL built in or on the side? or is this ANOTHER new tech?

cheers!

Guys I've just bought the HD300 and I was wondering if anyone could help me with the 3d set up. I've never had a projector or anything 3d capable before and I'm not sure about the compatibility issues. I.e. which emitter to get with which glasses. I am already over budget so as cheap as possible please... i.e. if I got this

VIP 3D RF Emitter for Optoma HD25 HD25-LV HD300X HD131X BG-BC100 FREE SHIPPING! | eBay

How do I know which glasses are compatible - is the compatibility with the projector or the emitter?

Many thanks - Dan

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Dlp link are the cheapest and you don't need an emitter

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom