Optoma HD 200X, Picture Perfect settings or not?

deshams

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello, been using this forum for years, but new member. Question is should I use the AVforums Picture Perfect settings with my stated projector? I tried the PP settings last night and was actually quite blown away with how, well, amazed I was.

Yes the principles of PicturePerfect apply to projectors just as much as they do to TVs, the industry standards are all the same regardless of the type of display.

thanks for the update, i am running it on cinema settings and warm color setting and am truly amazed at it. Maybe because i am used to the settings on my tv now it just comes naturally. :)

Thanks Steve, one more question, if my sony bluray also has 3 video options (standard room, bright room, theatre room) should i switch to the 3rd option, I usually keep it on standard. The player must have one of these selected. Cheers. Sorry meant to say that i had it on theatre room lastnight, with my Cinema option on projector and felt it got a tad dark.

Unfortunately we haven't had a chance to review a Sony BD player recently, so I can't say for sure which option to choose. Ordinarily I would say go for the Theatre Room option but it might well be using a higher gamma which is why the image appears darker, you so may be better off choosing Standard Room until we have a chance to test one for ourselves. Do you have any calibration discs or THX certified Blu-rays?

Yes, i have both, also own THX blue filter glasses.

Well if you have the Spears & Munsil disc, you can use the Dynamic Low Range test pattern to make sure you are seeing all the detail down to video level 17. Just flick between the Standard and Theatre Room options and see what affect it has.

Hi deshams could I ask you to include your settings so I can try th out. I am newish to projectors have ran a hd200x for approx 300 hours and would be interested in giving your settings a whirl. Many thnx Paul

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom