Optoma H79 - How good is it ?

A

AndersJG

Hi,

I recently bought an Optoma H79 projector but I have not yet mounted it and used it with a HQ screen.
How good is this projector compared to similarly priced projectors available today?

Appreciaiting your comments!

AGS

jhjerpe

I recently picked up one of the H79 going for bargain prices and have been very impressed. I have been through a whole raft of projectors doing the LCD to DLP dance several times. The H79 is the first PJ that seems like it may stay for an extended period of time.

mikeaitch

I have the H78 dc3 which is essentially the same pj, IMO you will need to spend serious bucks before getting a better image, the new Sony or another Optoma, the H81, both of which will probably be over twice the price.

If you don't hanker after 1080p, imo it's the best performance/cost pj out there

christoph

Novice Member
mikeaitch said:
I have the H78 dc3 which is essentially the same pj, IMO you will need to spend serious bucks before getting a better image, the new Sony or another Optoma, the H81, both of which will probably be over twice the price.

If you don't hanker after 1080p, imo it's the best performance/cost pj out there
but unfortunately there aren't any h79 left :(

mikeaitch

christoph said:
but unfortunately there aren't any h79 left :(
Patience, young Padawan - coming, the 1080p projectors are.

In the classifieds, the H79s will be ;)

I'll be selling mine as soon as I decide between the Sony Pearl and the H81

Peter Parker

Distinguished Member
Wouldn't it be great if some dealers had both on demo so people could make up their minds from direct experience (assuming a properly set up demo of course)?

Gary

mikeaitch

Discount TV are HOPING to get just that- depends on supply though of course

They had a big shootout fairly recently with HS60 TW200 AE900 H79 etc. People reported great things about being able to A/B their shortlist, lots of different favourites, shows tthat one man's meat...

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Home AV, TV, Tech News & Reviews, Plus The Best of July 2020
Top Bottom