• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Optoma H77 help !

marbellablue

hi, does anyone have an idea where the fuse or power board/module is on an optoma H77 projector ? I think I've blown mine up during changing the power lead for a shorter one :-(

I've had it apart, but cannot see a fuse anywhere so guess the complete power board or module has died

cheers

Peter Parker

Distinguished Member
What makes you think you blew it up? What happened?

have you tried it with the original lead or proved that both leads work in another low power (i.e not a kettle or heater) appliance?

Gary

marbellablue

hi, i know i wired the plug socket wrong (lack of lighting in cine room !), then it wouldnt power on, no light next to power button....i took it apart as i said but no sign of a fuse. i just want to get it working to sell as ive just bought an epson off this forum

cheers

Peter Parker

Distinguished Member
Does anything work in the plug socket you had a problem with? Have you tired the pj with a known good lead in another known working socket?

I'm just trying to prove that it's not the lead or power socket before you think the pj is broken.

Gary

marbellablue

yes, it does now. Initially when pj was working ok, i had the power lead running length of room, this was a temp measure as i was waiting for power to be fed to socket on ceiling behind projector. I connected the socket myself, but incorrectly, then pj didnt power on. I made a short power lead to go from pj to socket which worked fine when connected to other appliances. So i must have damaged the pj...just cant find a fuse inside !

Peter Parker

Distinguished Member
You could try Optoma customer services and see if they have a wiring diagram for the pj. That might help you diagnose the problem. Do you have a multimeter to check for voltage inside the pj (when turned on) and are you OK with fault finding on live equipment? If not, you may just have to put it down to experience and sell it on ebay for spares.

When you plugged the lead in, did it make any nose at all or did it just fail to start up?

Gary

marbellablue

yes i do have a meter, inside the box is just circuit boards so not much you can really put the tester on...optoma service an option but prob put on ebay for a few quid

thanks for your help :)

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom