1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Optoma H57 DVI problems

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Murray, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Murray

Murray

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Im buying the Optoma H57 by mail. Ive asked them to test the machine before shipping it. The company has now tried two projectors using the supplied DVI lead with a Samsung player and they cant get anything out through DVI??? They have told me the player works on all other projectors on DVI when they test them but so far no luck on the two H57's. Anyone have any ideas whats wrong? They have contacted Optoma and they dont have any answers either! :thumbsdow

2. Cinematic

Cinematic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've tested few H57 on Denon 1910, 2910, 3910 and Marantz (don't remember which one) DVD players. everything was OK, also HTPC was great. I've read about some problems with Samsung DVD players and their DVI output. Maybe that's where the problem is...

3. Liam @ Prog AV

Liam @ Prog AV
    Well-known Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +827
    Never come accross a problem with using H57 DVI before. Could it be the HDCP setting on the Samsung??? Never used a Samsung either so can't help brilliantly except to say the H57 should work no probs. Does the supplier have another DVD player with DVI??? Have they tried a different cable? Have they tried changing the power-on order in case it's a handshaking issue?