Dismiss Notice

Sadly GDPR means we can nolonger offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Optoma H56A. Switching itself off !!!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by womble9, Sep 20, 2005.

1. womble9

womble9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +91
    My Optoma H56A which I've been in ownership of for just over a year has recently started to switch itself off after varying (2-20 mins) amounts of time :( . The unit is still under warrenty and Optoma have arranged to pick it up tomorrow and (kindly) at the same time drop off a loan unit. I know there's a few other 56 / 56A useras on here and was just wondering if any one else has had this problem / has any ideas as to it's cause. Thanks in advance for any answers and I'll post further details as and when I have them.

2. womble9

womble9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +91
    Just to spoken to Optoma who have confirmed my initial fears that the bulb / lamp's had it. Bit dissapointing to be honest seeing as I've only had 1100hrs of use out of it and the life is quoted as being aprox 3000hrs. So does anyone know of the best place to pick up a replacement bulb seeing as Optoma want the over £400 :eek: for one ?.

3. Anim

Anim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
  4. womble9

womble9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +91
    Anim, thanks for taking the time to have a look for me but my PJs a H56A not the H56. The bulb is different and none of the sites you've listed feature mine.

5. Anim

Anim

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    Ack, sorry

6. lw32

lw32

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This site stocks H56A lamps for £339, but unfortunately it says out of stock, which means at least 3-10 days delivery.

http://www.cvsmedia.co.uk/shop/product_info.php?products_id=836

I don't know why the H56a lamp is so expensive. The H57 is 'only' £237 from Projectorpoint.co.uk. The price difference is crazy.