1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Optoma H56 trouble - advice required !

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by rjg, Oct 19, 2005.

1. rjg

rjg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    My H56 just cut out after a few minutes of viewing this evening. I've not seen any lamp warnings, but if I switch it on now it lights up the lamp enough to show the 'searching for signal' messages, then the whole unit powers off again.

During the short time it runs the green 'lamp' LED is lit, but I can't recall whether this is the normal state. Of course I can't find the user manual, and it doesn't seem to be one that is downloadable now.

So, what does the 'lamp' LED being on indicate ? (Not flashing)
    Is this bahaviour what I should expect at end of lamp life, or could something else be wrong ?

Any advice appreciated - thanks...

2. Docta teef

Docta teef

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Normally its the red led that lights up, a few weeks ago for no good reason i had a similar thing happen for ngood reason where it said there was an over heat i turned everything off for a while then tried again and all was well. Not got any patients booked tomorrow afternoon so along with the other fun things i have planned will dig out the manual and have a read but you may have found things are ok by then.

3. Docta teef

Docta teef

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Sorry ive not been able to locate my manual yet are you still having trouble?

4. rjg

rjg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    It still won't stay powered up, and the 'lamp' LED lights as soon as the unit comes out of standby (before it shuts down again). I left it switched completely off overnight and it still does it.

I've ordered a bulb - it has been in use since January 2004 so even though I don't know the hours on the bulb it seems highly likely that it has reached the end... several hours of telly on many nights !

I know I have a manual on CD somewhere, but finding it is a different matter.

Thanks for looking.

5. Docta teef

Docta teef

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    Found it and it looks like not goon news according to the manual a green light is a fan failure, it says to contact your retailer, sorry :(