1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

optoma H50

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by smartiepants, Jan 23, 2004.

1. smartiepants

smartiepants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    had a problem with prog scan with my H50 showing purple instead of black so Optoma have agreed to upgrade to H56 for only £200 opinions please is it worth it?:confused:

2. VirusKiller

VirusKiller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    Well, for £200, you'd get:

An increase in resolution from 800x600 to 1024x768 and an increase in contrast ratio from 800:1 to 2000:1. Possibly also a faster colour wheel (= less rainbow effect).

No brainer for me. Go for it! Your alternative is to add £200 to the second hand cost of the H50, a discontinued model...

3. smartiepants

smartiepants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    thanks for that, less rainbow effect would be good as i've noticed it shows a bit on black & white films that i enjoy watching
    the H56 was a bit out off my budget when new but they have dropped the price so maybe they are trying to shift stock before a newer model appears. they tried to fix the it once, they said it was a software problem & was cheaper to offer the upgrade than solve the problem,sounds like i got a result!!

4. womble9

womble9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +64
    HI there Smartipants, just a quickie to let you know I've pm you.
    Cheers.