1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Optoma H30a

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by TheeNoMaD, Feb 5, 2005.

1. TheeNoMaD

TheeNoMaD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Hey

Just came back from my local sevenoaks with a shiney new H30a :thumbsup:
    However am unable to give opinions on it yet as i havent set it up yet! Though well chuffed with the neat looks and funky bag it came with. However this is my first projector (cherrys been popped!) So i could anyone give me any useful tips on set up or a website that has a guide? Then i promise to get back to you on my verdict of the "home" demo i have demo'd it at sevenoaks against the screenplay 4805 and decided that the contrast and detail were better (just!) on the H30a (before i found out about price drop!!!)

Cheers :clap:

2. Cool-hand

Cool-hand

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    Hi mate

Congrats on ya cherry!! I shouldn't worry bout the price drop, you most definitely got the better pj.

Out the box I think you'll find the picture quality very very good. Many people have noted at what a good job optoma have done with pre-delivery callibration.
    If you really feel the need to improve it further I would recommend a copy of AVIA (the callibration disc) which if you put a wanted ad on the forum someone will probably sell you. There is Video Essentials but it is a bit techy and hard to use as a beginner.

Most def use the DVI input though (if you can).

Regards

CH

3. Algor777

Algor777

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is the H30A currently in stock in UK???