1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Optoma H30A v Panasonic AE700 anyone seen both ?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by ivnikviii, Feb 6, 2005.

1. ivnikviii

ivnikviii

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just wondered if anyone had seen both of these projectors, I know the H30A is lower res but given the better ct ratio on the Optoma as well as it being a DLP unit I am curious about the actual viewing experience.
    while I realise that the two technologies are very different and any view will be purly subjective, Any observations would be welcome though.
    Thanks

2. TheeNoMaD

TheeNoMaD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    heya fella
    I saw the Optoma in a demo at sevenoaks alongside the screenplay and found the optoma to have a better picture. The detail and the contrast was a little better as such i have bought the optoma. I have yet to set it up in a "home enviroment" but when i have thoroughly tested it i will post what i have found on this forum. Personally for future proofing i would go with the Optoma because its a dlp projector and has all the necessary inputs you could want. Also it is one pretty little thing :smashin:

3. ivnikviii

ivnikviii

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just got to see the 4805 today,
    have to say it looks pretty good. It's not a sharp as the
    AE 700 I demo'd but the colours did seem somehow richer, If the H30A is an improvment over the 4805 it would definitely be worth considering.
    thanks for the info

4. SuperSportBilly

SuperSportBilly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +409
    TheeNoMaD - was it the H30A you saw and not the "old" H30 ?

Which screenplay projector was it matched against - the 4805 or 5700 ?

Finally where did you see them ?

Thanks

Karl