Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Optoma H30

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by athina, Dec 20, 2003.

1. athina

athina
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Anyone know if it is any good and where to buy. In the states it costs only
    1300 usd.

Attached Files:

2. melmat22

melmat22

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It does sound like a good deal. ProjectorCentral says that it will do a review when it gets one, who knows when that will be though.

I did a search last week since I was interested in the unit as well, and the only place that I was able to find it (here in the U.S.) was at Dell, everywhere else it comes up as “not in stock”, which is not surprising since I didn’t even think it had come out yet. Anyhow, for what it is worth, here is an excerpt from ProjectorCentral:

“Optoma also unveiled plans for an H30 entry level home theater product. Also rated at 2000:1 contrast, this will be an SVGA resolution DLP product featuring a 6 segment 4x speed color wheel which will be priced at or below $1,399. Scheduled to ship in late fourth quarter, this would be the least expensive home theater projector on the market to incorporate the highly desirable 6 segment, 4x color wheel architecture.”

And this is from the Dell website:

Product Highlights
    • Advanced Double Data Rate DLPtm Technology from Texas Instruments and a four-speed, six-segment color wheel ensure smooth onscreen motion
    • Lowest cost dedicated DLPtm home theater model on the market offers a choice of aspect ratios for enjoying widescreen and 4:3 source material
    • Fully HDTV compatible with 720p and 1080i, plus 480i/p and 576i/p
    • Economy mode extends lamp life to 3,000 hours and reduces noise level from virtually inaudible to sheer silence
    • Pixelworks scaler and deinterlacer ensure optimal video processing and eliminates jagged edges
    • Adjustable color matrix allows for reds, greens and blues to be independently controlled
    • Backed by three-year warranty and ultra-reliable DLPtm technology
    • The most affordable dedicated DLPTM home theater projector available
    • Unique widescreen aspect ratio recreates the cinematic experience
    • Pixelworks deinterlacing and scaling technologies for excellent film reproduction and smooth onscreen images
    • 2000:1 contrast ratio is twice that of a typical professional movie theater
    • 5 user-selectable settings for adjusting and storing RGB brightness and contrast, gamma, tint and sharpness.
    • Vivid colors and impressive black levels for superior picture quality
    • Unique economy mode extends lamp life to 3,000 hours while lowering the noise level to only 30 dB
    Hope it helps, good luck. Matt

3. Chipster

Chipster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi

Try calling your local Sevenoaks store. They are awaiting delivery, but I was told early next year at best.

PS the brochure was not even printed when I was looking around 3 weeks ago.

Chipster.

4. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As per usual, the price conversion will probably be: $1399 = £1399 :D

Certainly can't see it coming in sub £800.

:smoke:

5. Joe Molleson

Joe Molleson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Looking for my first projector at present, and found the H30 listed here for 1185+vat (which, as expected, comes to roughly 1399 quid). The specs and brochure are a little vague about the native resolution - presumably it's still 800x600?

Having concentrated on LCD models due to the 'rainbow' artifacts reported with the cheapest DLP PJs, I'm not very 'clued-up' about different DLP implementations. Does the 6-segment wheel and 4x speed arrangement make a big difference?

Cheers,

Joe

6. athina

athina
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    YES the 6-segment wheel and 4x speed arrangement make a big difference ! The more segment wheels the better.