1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Optoma H30 and Sky Digital problem....

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by bobbetts, Aug 12, 2004.

1. bobbetts

bobbetts
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi

I have just had Sky installed and hooked up to my H30 projector.

Unfortunately I do not receive a stable picture through the Scart adaptor, unless I hook up the VGA cable and S-video cable. The projector is using the scart signal, but if I remove the s-video lead (at either end) the picture becomes unstable and unwatchable, the projector then looses the signal.

Anyone come across this before, I'm waiting on a call from Optoma, but thought I'd try here as well.

By the way, the s-video lead on its own, just provides a black and white image.

2. MikeD

MikeD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi Bobbetts I'm guessing you need to go into the setup menu on the digibox and set up the SCART socket to output RGB.

Connect the H30 using the digibox SCART socket that the handbook tells you is for connection to a TV.

I initially got caught out on my Panasonic digibox as only one of the SCART sockets is RGB capable, the one normally used for VCR's isnt as VCR's can't do RGB and yes you guessed it it was the one I tried first.

The H30 now works extremely well through the digibox when viewing BBC, ITV, CH4, CH5 or the main SKY channels, many of the less popular SKY channels that use less bandwidth look pretty crap though but that's not the H30's fault.

Regards, MikeD

3. bobbetts

bobbetts
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    MikeD

Many thanks for the reply, your comment on the RGB setting, was something I picked up from the off, this is set, which actually enabled me to view the picture.

I have since tried my 5 year old grundig box and guess what.....it works fine, so the new digibox has been moved to the living room.

Optoma had not come across the problem before, but are aware of an earthing loop problem with S-video and composite, which the chap i spoke to said exhibited the same symptoms I was describing. He is going to discuss it with the engineers and let me know the outcome tomorrow.

By the way, I have to agree the picture is outstanding on the popular channels, far better than I expected. The SKY engineer even commented that the picture was stunning...... :clap: