Question Optoma H181X Projector Brightness Flicker

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Malcolm16, Jan 14, 2017.

1. Malcolm16

Malcolm16
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys,

I'm a noob in this scene and found this forum to be a great source of advice and support hence joined today.

I recently purchased a used Optoma H181X projector which I find to be great for my purposes; however I have noticed a slight issue when watching movies and being on bright areas where I get a flicker for a few seconds every so often. This tends to kick in after about 20-30mins usage and can be seen on the white test screen too. The only time I don't notice it is during dark scenes.

Any ideas what could be causing this for me?

Help will be appreciated.

Ps. The lamp has had about 3000 hours of use. I've cleaned all vents etc, which had been clean when purchased too.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
  2. unreel

unreel

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +280
    Have you tried on high lamp mode does the same issue occur?. The bulb will be getting towards the end of its life at 3000 hours.

3. Malcolm16

Malcolm16
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Unreel,

I haven't tried that yet, I'll give that a go.

Also I was under the impression the lamp would last around 6000hrs (having mainly been used on ECO)

Someone else mentioned a possible different HDMI which I am in the process of trying and will see if that make a difference. I have been using it for past 30-40mins on a new lead and touch wood not noticed the flicker as yet, but some times I did notice it kick in after a longer period.

Ps. Also I only use a Firestick plugged directly into the Projector; however now I am trying it via the loop on my Soundbar and have noticed the Native Resolution now comes much larger (full 16:9) rather than a much smaller 4:3 image when plugged direct into the Projector.

4. Malcolm16

Malcolm16
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Seems like some good news, used it last night for about 3 hours without sny flicker.

Hopefully the HDMI lead may have resolved it.