Question OPTOMA GT5000

Is it that off-putting? If they are all like that then maybe its the technology? In sure the sony £20k version doesnt though! Lol

Apart from that how was the pic quality etc? Did you get a chance to have a proper play with it?

Had a play
It is off putting. The wavy bit affects the picture at the to
If you put the projector menu on it sorst of curves inwards

Just phoned optoma
They said it isnt right
Sending it back monday il up date when i get it back

Cool. Good luck. I have heard optoma are pretty good with support so should be a quick turnaround.

Is it that off-putting? If they are all like that then maybe its the technology? In sure the sony £20k version doesnt though! Lol

Apart from that how was the pic quality etc? Did you get a chance to have a proper play with it?

One of this reason I got this was to be able to use also with my laptop, PS4. The curve is so bad that if my browser is maximized to fullscreen then I can't see the address bar so it's very off-putting, enough that I'm sending it back.

I have never owned a beamer before so I can't compare with anything else and I only tried it on my living room wall which is beige in colour and not a smooth wall. My living room has two energy saving light bulbs.

Although it's not the quality of my regular TV I would say even with those lights on I would have been happy to use it as a replacement but I'm not really a person who sits and watches TV, I normally just turn on and walk away and listen. The beamer was more to use elsewhere when my wife and kids are watching TV so I could go somewhere quiet and game.

It's back in the box now ready to send back. If you have any questions I'll try to answer based on my lack on beamer knowledge and the few hours I use it.

I'm dissapointed but at the same time I'm still not really sure if I just want my money back or a fully working gt5000, I do think it could be exactly what I'm looking for.

Fallout 4 PS4 but my camera is not doing it any justice

iveef6.jpg

Last edited:
Bet mine will be the same
All the development. In making this
And never tested it lol

Went off monday
Wait tilll i get it back see if there is a fix

Any news mate?

Yeah if your is wavy after going to them then clearly its an issue with the product!

Mine goes back on Friday and I'm getting a refund. I'll give it some time and then decide what I'll do.

Thats a shame kinappy. I get why you would send it back though.

Right got a result from optoma
1. They admitted. Def wavy. Picture
Very bad
2 should be used on a white board not wall
Not so wavy they admitted it looks bad
3 unit. Cannot be fixed. Nothing wrong with it
But admitted wavy picture
4 they admitted. False advertising as it shows it on a wall advertisement
5 should be sold as home entertaint
Just schools not home

Wont refund direct i have the invoice
And they said 30 day return only from box
As i brought it from terry here he has to ring box up
But as its over 30 days. Optoma sais they wont

So. They admit its been built wrong
But wont refund or take any if them back

Box has bad reviews
Bet they wont accepet it back 2 months old
Optoma wont refund only through box .co.uk
Box no customer care number

They admitted. More are coming back same problem

There video shows it playing on a wall
Advertised

So cant be fixed refusing refund
Admited. It isnt up to standard

Looks like a judge rinder case

This really bad from Optoma.

I made a comment on their Gt5000 youtube page about the fault and they deleted it in minutes.

I wont be buying one now. Shame cos it seemed perfect for what i wanted.

Surely Optoma read forums and want their products to have a good rep?! Anyone know any contacts in Optoma who can help the above guys out?

They said its not faulty cant be fixed
And admitted. It had a bad curve middle of the screen
And to return it to box.co.uk
Defective product advertised to be used 30cm from the wall
I tried 4 walls. Curved on all

Hi I'm Phil, new to the forums as a commenter. I have bought one of these special order from Richer Sounds. It had a six year warranty through them. Had it for a month and mine is good. The image is square and it is projected onto a wall. The wavy photos look bad but mine is fine. It must be a mirror manufacturing issue and I have got lucky. The one issue I had is that if you plug in a speaker you have to mute the internal speaker and the mute logo remains onscreen. Only fix is using an AV receiver. Also there is obviously some fan noise but there is with all bright projectors. It's my first projector for non business presenting use but I am very pleased with mine. I guess don't buy online but buy in a shop and get them to unbox and test it before you go home, that's what I did as I had never seen one.

Hi I'm Phil, new to the forums as a commenter. I have bought one of these special order from Richer Sounds. It had a six year warranty through them. Had it for a month and mine is good. The image is square and it is projected onto a wall. The wavy photos look bad but mine is fine. It must be a mirror manufacturing issue and I have got lucky. The one issue I had is that if you plug in a speaker you have to mute the internal speaker and the mute logo remains onscreen. Only fix is using an AV receiver. Also there is obviously some fan noise but there is with all bright projectors. It's my first projector for non business presenting use but I am very pleased with mine. I guess don't buy online but buy in a shop and get them to unbox and test it before you go home, that's what I did as I had never seen one.
Good to hear yours is good! How is it with films etc? How large have you gone?

I am limited by wall space so have it at about 88 inches. It is sat on a unit that is 50cm deep. I am new to projectors for viewing so have been blown away just by the image size. As I said it is only on a white wall rather than a screen. For anything bright like sport or animated films it is excellent. Dark films it had the same black problem any projector has but in a dark room it is very good. Motion seems spot on but I do need to spend a bit of time getting the colours right. The main wow factor with this unit is how discrete the setup can be and easy to do.

Had it now
Optoma say its been tested nothing wrong with it
Last eeek they admitted. It had curving
Pictures show it all

Now they say they will send it back to me

So wont replace
Bet. Box .co.uk wont either

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom