Question Optoma gt1080 darbee ceiling mounting?

jimbo350

Standard Member
Hello. Hoping there's either a 1080 owner, dealer, installer out there who can help me. I have a 3 year old hd optoma 1080p projector. It's spent it's whole life on a coffee table, 4ftish from a 120 grandview screen and I'm happy with it. During lockdown, I decided it would be nice to free up the floor and get it really neatly mounted on the ceiling... Trouble I'm having, is because it has no zoom, offset lens etc. Fixed at 0.49:1 lens. The 3 professional installers I have reached out to have said with only one perfect, exact location for it to mount... they won't under take the job? (Some are highly rated cinema installers too) Sure I know it may be difficult to place the mount exact height, distance, from the ceiling... But surely this can be done?? I'm in the Essex area if anyone can help. Cheers!!

simpsod1

Hello. Hoping there's either a 1080 owner, dealer, installer out there who can help me. I have a 3 year old hd optoma 1080p projector. It's spent it's whole life on a coffee table, 4ftish from a 120 grandview screen and I'm happy with it. During lockdown, I decided it would be nice to free up the floor and get it really neatly mounted on the ceiling... Trouble I'm having, is because it has no zoom, offset lens etc. Fixed at 0.49:1 lens. The 3 professional installers I have reached out to have said with only one perfect, exact location for it to mount... they won't under take the job? (Some are highly rated cinema installers too) Sure I know it may be difficult to place the mount exact height, distance, from the ceiling... But surely this can be done?? I'm in the Essex area if anyone can help. Cheers!!

I have the HD29HST, also fixed at 0.49:1.
I ceiling mounted myself...took the two of us.
I fitted the mount to the projector and the held it against the ceiling whilst projecting the test pattern.
Once in the correct place my wife drew around the mount on the ceiling to mark the position.
I'm no expert but we got it bang on, re the height I didn't worry as the tombstone adjustment sorted it.
Hope this helps mate

jimbo350

Standard Member
Thanks simpsod. I wouldnt under take it myself as guess you need to find a joist to screw it in. Also wouldnt want to use tombstone, if i got it done, id get it done correctly, bang on in line with the screen.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom