Optoma greywolf II owners, can you help?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by tfboy, Dec 28, 2006.

1. tfboy

tfboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +454
    Due to recent replanning, I'm thinking of going for a high gain grey screen so I don't have to turn my lounge into a batcave.

But it's a bit scary ordering this screen just based on the photos I've seen on here (although they do give an idea) :)

So, is there anyone near Reading / Berks who would be willing to have me come round and have a look at their GW screen? I could bring my Pearl along (I'd like to to see what it's like).

I was going for the cheap electric screen, but since seeing Brogan's awe-inspring setup, I'm rethinking it over again :rolleyes:

2. tfboy

tfboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +454
    Bump.

I can bring my Pearl and PS3 along for a demo if anyone would like to see.

:lease:

3. SVSteve

SVSteve

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, not nearly close enough to make it worth your while (not at home for the next few weeks anyway) Obv, the Pearl is a bit different to my 100AX but I found it more than bright enough during daylight, I've got a bay window in the lounge and as long as the sun isn't streaming right in (only a prob in the morning) then it's fine. My one issue is with the viewing angles (see post below) and thats why I'm going to sell it on and go for lower gain.

4. tfboy

tfboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +454
    Cheers Steve. I gather that.

I'm not too bothered about the narrow viewing cone - in fact, would prefer it as it would reduce reflections off my light coloured walls.

I'm more concerned about the beads which can show through on bright scenes. I certainly don't lack brightness with my Pearl either. Would just like to see what it's like.

Surely there has to be someone within an hour's drive from Reading with an GW screen and a need to see what a PS3 looks like in 1080P :(

5. bradkb

bradkb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am in Gillingham Kent if that helps, have a GWII 92" screen, currently have a pana 700, you welcome to have a try.

Although I am away this weekend, and then away to Toronto 2 weeks after, so only a small window for coming down.

6. tfboy

tfboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +454
    Hi Brad. Thanks for the offer, but it's a bit of a drive :(

Cheers :)

7. bradkb

bradkb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No worries, offers there if you change your mind.

8. nigelbb

nigelbb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +491
    How do you find the PT-AE700 with this screen? I too have this projector & was looking for an improvement over the el-cheapo screen that I bought from exclusive-home on Ebay.

9. bradkb

bradkb
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    to be honest I have nothing really to compare it with, the only other 700 I have seen was at work, but our screening room is completely blacked out, and a D-lite (i think thats right) screen, but there I find it looks washed out, at home on the GWII its great colours, bright pictures, and our room is very light walls, no blackout curtains and it makes no difference viewing daytime or evening. You do notice the glass beading in light sceens, but you stop noticing after a while.

10. Critters

Critters

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +21
    I'm disappointed with the GWII screen, my PJ is ceiling mounted and the best, most bright image is when standing on the sofa with your head under the PJ, as you step off and sit down it gets dim. If your PJ is mounted on a table in front of you then go for it, but otherwise look for a reflective screen (not retro-reflective)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Retroreflector