optoma ep741 could this be the one

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by dreeko, Aug 3, 2005.

1. dreeko

dreeko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    optoma ep741 could this be the one

whilst searching ive stumbled across this

http://www.pixmania.co.uk/uk/uk/90246/art/optoma/video-projector-ep741.html#fichetechnique

im sorry for creating a new thread for this but i cant seem to find many reviews for this machine and i was hoping that some of you could give me your impressions of it

as i have said in another thread im looking to get a proj for around the £500 mark and am considering the epson tw10h and the Benq PE5120

i have my reservations about rainbows and was leaning towards the tw10h until i saw this optoma and with the higher xga resolution and higher lumens than the other two i wondered if the rainbows would be minimised slightly with the higher spec ...or are rainbows independant of the brightness and resolution of the machine

sorry for being a pest but we all gotta learn somehow

2. wassap

wassap
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    The resolution pixmania quote is incorrect, its only a 800*600:( buggers got me excited too!, i think the benq and epson are unbeatable at this price.

3. dreeko

dreeko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i will look into the resolution thing but im pretty sure that theyve got it right

4. PJTX100

PJTX100

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +564
    Either way it's 4:3 hence is more designed for business use, the TW10 and 5120 are 16:9 hence aimed more at Home Cinema...PJ :)

5. dreeko

dreeko

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hmmmn good point.....tw10h still the front runner then