1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Optoma DLP (an old one!) - Some advice please

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by rimibar, Aug 24, 2004.

1. rimibar

rimibar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    undefinedundefined

:confused: Would be very grateful for some advice! :confused:

I have an Optoma H50 projector. It appears to have a "dead pixel" - is this possible with a DLP projector? I thought that this sort of problem stayed in the realms of LCD projectors. Could it be related to needing a new bulb? The picture is excellent and has not dimmed at all, so I presume that the latter is incorrect.

Any advice very gratefully accepted - sorry if this appears to be a totally stupid question! :rolleyes: Still learning!

Thanks!

2. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Nothing stupid about the question.............DLP projectors can get "dead pixels" - it's actually one of the mirrors on the DMD that's failed, and that's what it sounds like. Optoma have a pretty robust guarantee according to recent posts on the forum - you could get in touch with them and see, but I guess it depends on how old it is.

Sean G.

3. rimibar

rimibar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    14 months old (or thereabouts) - just wanted to make sure that it wasn't something silly.

Many thanks Sean

4. Spasm

Spasm

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Optoma gives you a three year warranty so give them a call always worth a try:

01923 691 800