Optoma Dh1009

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by jamesfende, Apr 14, 2016.

Tags:
  1. jamesfende

jamesfende
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hello

I have just spotted £300 off the Optoma Dh1009.

Would this be a good projector to buy? I want to watch movies, not sport, and really enjoy those visual classics.

I also remember from years back that someone said they were really expensive to use because the bulbs have a short life. Is this still true today?

The projector I am looking at is on here and it says it has built in speakers: Cheap Projectors And Projector Accessory Deals. Are the speakers likely to be any good or will I need to connect it to a speaker system?

2. mikemag

mikemag
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,509
    If this is your first projector you really need to have a demo, if not the actual model, then something similar (Optoma 141x) in somewhere like Richer Sounds.

Some people are sensitive to what's called rainbow effect with DLP projectors and at least you could see if you suffer from it or find it overly distracting.

The built in speakers will not be sufficient for any kind of serious movie watching, particularly since the fan noise might appear to be a bit on the loud side. So, your best bet would be player into receiver/speakers and then on to the projector.