• Apologies for the inconvenience, but AVForums will be offline from 6am Thursday 21st January 2021 for a few hours while we perform a major update to our core software. See what changes are coming.

Optoma bulb blew out, replaced bulb and now there are light shapes on the left side of image!

micaht

Novice Member
Hi I have a optoma hd26 and the bulb blew out recently at about 2200 hrs. I researched and ordered the oem bulb and encasing and installed it. After turning it back on I noticed some faint light shapes on the far left side of the image. They only really show in dark scenes. I have tried researching what this is and the best thing I have found is they are dust blobs. My guess is when the bulb blew it projected dust somewhere up in the machine. I tried blowing out the projector, tried cleaning the lens, pulled out the lens and cleaned the inside mirrors, pulled out the lamp and cleaned that glass and the front side of the dlp wheel and the problem is still there. Any ideas what it might be? I haven’t taken out the dlp wheel completely yet to clean. Please help out if you can. Thanks

Attachments

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom