Optoma 3D XL audio issues

maverickmickey

Standard Member
I have recently taken the plunge to 3D. I already own an Optoma Hd600x projector so purchased the 3d xl adapter. Everything works except the sound produced is only stereo? If I remove the adapter from the equation my blu rays are in surround sound? Any ideas? My hdmi cables and receiver are all 3D ready

Projector HD600X
|
Onkyo TX SR 508 - Sky + HD
|
Optoma 3D XL
|
Panasonic 3D blu ray player

toddy28

I agree also you can't get 5.1 Dolby digital through sky's hdmi port you have to use an optical cable

toddy28

Does your amp say dolby digital , ? If your sky box does dd over hdmi it's the only one in the uk

Unless its a brand new box and they have changed the specs

My mate has a 1tb sky hd 3d branded box 3 weeks old and it can't do it

Google it and you will find lots of posts on it

toddy28

Connecting it to your TV is still via HDMI, Scart or Composite. As before the HDMI cable won't deliver the Dolby Digital audio; for those with just a TV you'll be able to get stereo audio from HDMI. If you've got an amp or AV*receiver and want to take advantage of the best audio,*you'll have to use optical or coaxial digital cable for 5.1 surround sound. It's a shame that Sky hasn't opted to simply run the audio through the HDMI cable now that it is the defacto standard for the home cinema environment.

This is from a review of the 1tb sky box

Get your self an optical cable and you will have a very cheap sound upgrade for
Your system :)

SteveCritten

Distinguished Member
Just checked mate and I do have an optical lead connected, didn't realise it was still connected lol. Didn't realise that it didn't do 5.1 over hdmi thats rediculous.

toddy28

It's amazing how many people don't know this

maverickmickey

Standard Member
I use an optical lead from my sky + HD box to my Onkyo amp. It does seem very strange why sky opted for this setup. Why?
My 3dxl adapter is working great.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...
Top Bottom