Options with Orange

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by noots, Apr 19, 2007.

1. noots

noots

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi all,

currently with Orange on a Nokia 6680, 500 mins + 100 txts @ £30 a month and want to get a new phone, preferably in the N range.

Phoned up Orange and asked about what my upgrade options were, not much it seems, the free upgrade on specific phones were not great and the N series were £100 upwards. As well this I would be signing up to a new 12/18 month contract.

However I don't why I can't just cancel this contract and go and get a new subsidised phone and probably a better contract.

Thoughts ?

2. xelallah

xelallah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I got n73 from CPWH, £35/mnth 500 mins 500texts. £50 instant cashback, free phone, and £105 cashback over first 6 months. (works out at £26 a month)

Also, in Orange shop - N95 for £49.99, £35 a month (500 mins unlim texts) with £150 instant account credit.

3. leeky_deeky

leeky_deeky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Call Orange back but go through to cancellations rather than upgrades, mention you want a particular phone and you have seen better deals on other networks than the upgrade deal you were offered.

4. williemaykit

williemaykit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +163
    leeky_deeky is right. It is also your opportunity to ask for more minutes. Generally the Orange retention team will do what they can to keep you with Orange.

5. KAIZR

KAIZR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    I want to get the N95 on Orange 12 month contract and only want the Canary £30 tariff (or maybe the Racoon £35). Does anyone know where the cheapest offer is?

Orange online are charging £130 for the handset on the Canary tariff and £90 for the handset on the Racoon offer. Other third party companies must be selling the handsets cheaper than this (although I can't seem to find any!)...