Options for PVR with or without dvd and not black?

allstar_07

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking for a PVR for my parents. Their DVD recorder has broken so a PVR with a DVD player (not recorder) would be ideal to save them having two separate boxes, their existing equipment is silver as well. Does anyone know of a model that ticks the boxes, i found a panasonic pvr with dvd player but that was £200.

Also, what box should i get without a DVD player for sub £100. I was looking at a silver Humax 9200 on the Humax website for £97 or has anyone got any decent cheaper options? Digihome etc?

Many thanks for any advice,

Chris

I was looking at a silver Humax 9200 on the Humax website for £97 or has anyone got any decent cheaper options? Digihome etc?

Many thanks for any advice,

Chris

This is your best option - the original silver 9200T - without doubt.

Thanks,

Do you know what the difference is between the 9200 and the 9150? The 9150 is the same price but only in black & I understood it to be the new model?

is the 9200 good straight from hte box or does it need updrages etc?

Thanks,

Do you know what the difference is between the 9200 and the 9150? The 9150 is the same price but only in black & I understood it to be the new model?

is the 9200 good straight from hte box or does it need updrages etc?

The 9200 should come with the V21 firmware, the latest and likely the last.

9200 has a modulator, 9150 does not
9200 can archive to usb, 9150 can't
9200 has a front display, 9150 does not.

too true...

Well it seems like I'll go for the Humax then although before i do what options have i got with a DVD player built in apart from a panasonic?

I am presuming the 9200 is a decent enough machine - does it have series link?

Last edited:
too true...

Well it seems like I'll go for the Humax then although before i do what options have i got with a DVD player built in apart from a panasonic?

I am presuming the 9200 is a decent enough machine - does it have series link?

With V21 firmware it has series link

One last question...the one I'm looking at is a silver 9200T-G

HUMAX UK Direct Sales Website

I'm presuming the g just stands for the colour or something? Is it the same as the 9200T?

cheers

I think the G stands for graded, its basically a 100% guaranteed box but not brand new, it could be warranty return repaired as brand new. (The 9200 is sadly no longer in production)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom