1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Options for getting free to view channels

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by rickmorley, Oct 11, 2003.

1. rickmorley

rickmorley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just installed a satellite dish and a 2nd hand set top box - with no card. This is part of a longer term plan to get Sky Sports but not for a year or two.

I have a reasonably wide choice of the free to view channels but would quite like Channel 5 (can't get it on analogue here and no cable) and ITV2 and Eurosport. Some questions:

Is the only way to get ITV2 and Eurosport by subscribing to a Sky package?

Is there talk of the Solus card or an equivalent coming back?

Is there a place to buy Solus cards that will still work?

If I subscribed to the Sky Value Pack for £12.50 and pulled out after 1 month which extra channels would I still be able to get after the 1 month?

Thanks for your help

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    search around there was a number you call pay £6.99 a month but you have to that number and read a message.

Also there is a thread at DS about using a card from another source! Check it out

3. rickmorley

rickmorley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks hornyd

I think there was a half price offer to holders of the now redundant old cards and it is no longer available - or were you referring to something else?

What is DS please?

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    DS is Digital SPy a forum with alot of TV stuff but i did see a thread that would mean you could possibly get itv 4 and five for £9.99 one off payment!

5. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979

ITV2 and Eurosport are indeed subscription channels on SKY D.

Yes the FTV system looks like it will be re-introduced, probably with a single fee payable by the viewer with profit going to the companies involved:nono:
    I've seen adverts for the FTV cards but those methods are hit and miss.

If you are subscribing to SKY for the first time there is a 12 month minimum term contract, if you cancel they will either take legal action or if you have a valid excuse they will turn the card off.
    If you do subscribe you might as well take advantage of any installation offers they have to get brand new hardware and warranty, perhaps selling your existing hardware to finance the subscription.