• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Optimus 2x vs 3d

leeb-1977

Prominent Member
I'm looking at an upgrade Over the next few weeks and after looking at the 2x and the galaxy s2 I'm pretty much sold on the s2, however I was wondering what the differences would be between the x2 and 3d?

I know the obvious difference of the 3d screen, and customised os, plus the additional camera.... But as a 2d handset has the 3d had a shot in the arm in terms of power? Can it compete with the s2?

Every review I find bleats on about the 3d features of the phone, but I'm guessing that most people would be using the phone in 2d mode for most of the time, I certainly know I would.

3d for me seems like a great idea, and I'd love to have it.... But I just can't find enough info of what the unit is like outside of the 3d interface.

I've seen loads of reports stating the the 2x can't match up to the s2.... So I've been left wondering what the differences are. If the 3d is simply the x2 with 3d thrown in then I'll stick with the s2... If not it's worth holding on for a proper look :)

D

Deleted member 174041

I've been looking for one of the Optimus phones but no network is doing them yet (thats if your after contract phone) I'm going to settle for the Sony Ericsson Arc.

The Optimas 3D would be my first choice as it has a bigger screen than the 2x. Also I like the idea of being able to video in 3D. I dont think it will be out for a while though, thats why I'm going for the Arc.

ps Sorry, I know nothing about the Galaxy S2

Peopleselbowpad

Established Member
Have a similar dilema, mine was Optimus 2X, S2 or the Atrix. Now a 3D phone to consider.

Remember when everyone just got a Nokia. lol

Peopleselbowpad

Established Member
And a colour screen was "WOW".

I think I still have a 3310 somewhere.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom