Optimum speaker stands any good?

Discussion in 'AV Stands, Cabinets, Seating & Furniture' started by WSH, Mar 22, 2006.

1. WSH

WSH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +39
  2. Rod_Bod

Rod_Bod

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Hi there WSH,
    I have these speaker stands, and though I have nothing else to compare them to, I'm not particularly impressed.
    Firstly, for what they are, they are seriously overpriced (not exactly a shock I guess in this realm of product).
    Secondly, and far more importantly.... their balance is nothing short of feeble. They lose balance with the slightest nudge. I had my new setup up and running for only a couple of weeks over Christmas, and a couple of days before I left for Uni my mum knocked it over while dusting, causing it to hit the coffee table.... and taking a massive gash to my brand-new Premium Yew finished Quad 11L's (I'm still not over it). Now, although this was ultimately down to her carelessness, I gained a thorough knowledge of how weak their stasis was in the process of assembly and blu-tac'ing the speakers to the stands. All of this of course was after waiting for them to send the assembly instructions they forgot to include in the box, even though I was phoned personally by Optimum about when to expect delivery and the fact that the stands were 'personally made to order'.

Hope this helps.