1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

optimum settings for Tosh 36ZP18P

Discussion in 'TVs' started by teef2, Dec 19, 2001.

1. teef2

teef2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Finally managed to get the TV from RGB. Drove to Ilford to pick it up (Big Tip, when coming from the M3 do NOT consider the North Circular as an alternative to the M25!)

Had the dirty patch on the right side of the screen for the first few hours but that has gone now. Fully satisfied with set, it seems I've been lucky in getting a good one.

What I would like to know is the optimum settings for brightness, contrast etc. that people are using. I realise this is an individual thing but I would like to know a good starting point.

Thanks in advance.

Teef2

2. dts borg

dts borg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    hope you had a Curry while you were in Ilford. The one 4 doors up from RGB is great.

MMM that sounds just like me when I first got my 36ZP18, Boy was I wrong.
    Let your set run in a bit first teef2 before you jump with joy, I hope your right.

Do a search on here for (Toshiba 36ZP18 settings) Then follow Double Dooms post.

Any problems come and join the party on the ALL TOSHIBA 36 & 32 ZP18 Thread.........:eek:

Good luck

Keith

3. bripoole

bripoole
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi
    i have a 36zp18p, when i plug a dvd player into AV2 socket on back of TV i get a blue screen and sound, no picture, i think i need to know what are the standard settings for the feature menu/av connection:

these are the settings i have:

Digital input 1=off
    digital input 2=off
    ext2 input=AV
    ext3 input=AV
    ext2 output=TV

4. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,954
    If your DVD player can output S-Video (most can usually from a mini-din socket) select S-Video as the input for AV2 but you will also need to connect the audio L/R outputs from the DVD to the audio in phonos.
    AV1 on the TV can accept an RGB signal so using a scart from your DVD may be the easiest option.